DANBURY, Conn. - John Grimes of Danbury died died Sunday, March 30. He was 88.
Grimes was born May 25, 1925, in Bamber, S.C., to Robert and Anne Grimes.
Grimes is survived by his former wife, Phoebe Grimes; children, Stewart Peterson, Kevin Peterson and Pamela Walker; sisters-in-law, Mable Grimes of York, Pa., and Madelyn Grimes of Richmond, Va.; longtime friends, Betty and Kenny Dodson; relatives; and friends. He was predeceased by his brothers, Edward, Solomon; twin brother, James; and twin sisters, Mary and Martha.
Calling hours are at 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday, April 8, with services are at 11 a.m. at New Hope Baptist Church, 10 Dr. Aaron Samuels Blvd, Danbury. Interment at Wooster Cemetery.
For more information, visit: www.bakerfuneralservices.com
- 1 Danbury Teen Selected To Visit D.C., Meet With President Obama
- 2 Man Apprehended After Assault, Police Chase That Ends On Danbury Border
- 3 Eversource Reports Power Outages In Danbury
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Danbury