DANBURY, Conn. - John Grimes of Danbury died died Sunday, March 30. He was 88.
Grimes was born May 25, 1925, in Bamber, S.C., to Robert and Anne Grimes.
Grimes is survived by his former wife, Phoebe Grimes; children, Stewart Peterson, Kevin Peterson and Pamela Walker; sisters-in-law, Mable Grimes of York, Pa., and Madelyn Grimes of Richmond, Va.; longtime friends, Betty and Kenny Dodson; relatives; and friends. He was predeceased by his brothers, Edward, Solomon; twin brother, James; and twin sisters, Mary and Martha.
Calling hours are at 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday, April 8, with services are at 11 a.m. at New Hope Baptist Church, 10 Dr. Aaron Samuels Blvd, Danbury. Interment at Wooster Cemetery.
For more information, visit: www.bakerfuneralservices.com
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport