DANBURY, Conn. - John "Jay" Merrick of Danbury, formerly of Bethel, died Friday, July 11. He was 57.
Merrick was born in Danbury, the son of John and Harriett Mannion Merrick. He attended St. Mary's School in Bethel and was a 1974 graduate of Immaculate High School in Danbury.
A member of Teamster's Local 677, he was associated with Mariano Brothers in Danbury for more than 28 years.
Merrick is survived by his sons, Kyle Merrick and Shane Merrick, both of Bethel; sisters, Kathy Merrick and Mary Merrick; and several aunts, uncles and cousins. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Monday, July 14, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A graveside service will be conducted at 11 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, at St. Mary's Cemetery, Bethel.
Contributions in Merrick's memory may be made to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Danbury Hospital, c/o Western Connecticut Health Network Foundation, 24 Hospital Ave., Danbury, CT 06810 or to the Special Olympics Connecticut, Suite 1, 2666 State St., Hamden, CT 06517.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 5 Ten-Year-Old Debuts In Danbury Palace's 'Scrooge: The Musical'