DANBURY, Conn. - John “Jack” Torielli of Danbury died Monday, June 16. He was 81.
Torielli was born Oct. 15, 1922, in Danbury, he was the son of John T. and Mary (Michiko) Torielli. He attended Danbury schools and was a graduate of Danbury High School. A retired plumber-steamfitter, he was employed with the former Holman Co. of Danbury. He was a World War II U.S. Navy veteran and a member of St. Gregory the Great Parish.
Torielli is survived by his wife, Mildred (Peknik) Torielli; sons, John “Jackie” and David; brother, Robert Torielli; sister, Margaret “Peggy” Asmar; and four grandchildren.
Calling hours are Friday, June 20 from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. in the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, June 20 at St. Gregory the Great Church, Danbury. Burial will follow in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
Contribution may be made to Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western CT, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Picks 92-Year-Old Army Vet As Grand Marshal For Parade
- 4 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station