DANBURY, Conn. - Joseph P. Piskura of Danbury died Tuesday, Aug. 5. He was 82.
Piskura was born Nov. 24, 1931, in Danbury, to John and Carolyn (Woodard) Piskura. He was a graduate of Bethel High School in the Class of 1951. A U.S. Navy veteran of the Korean War, he served from 1951 to 1955.
He was employed with the Vanderbilt Chemical Company of Bethel for 40 years, where he was a maintenance mechanic. A was a member of the Korean War Veterans Association, the VFW of Bethel and St. Joseph Parish of Danbury.
Piskura is survived by his wife, Nancy (Repko) Piskura; sons, Joseph P. Piskura (Mary) of Bridgeport and James A. Piskura (Lorraine) of New Fairfield; two grandchildren; brother, Richard Piskura of New Fairfield; sisters, Dorothy Raymond of Florida and Carol Palermo of Oxford; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Ann Merrick; and brothers, Francis Piskura, Louis Piskura and John Piskura.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 7, from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, Aug. 8, at 10 a.m. in St. Joseph Church, Danbury. Burial will follow in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury, with military honors.
- 1 Danbury Police Arrest 52-Year-Old Man On Sex Assault Charges
- 2 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Danbury For Saturday