DANBURY, Conn. - Kathryn A. O’Neill of Danbury died Tuesday, Feb. 11. She was 66.
O’Neill was born Sept. 21, 1947, in Staten Island, N.Y.; daughter of William and Margaret (McNamara) Sherwood. She attended New York schools. An area resident for the past 40 years coming from Staten Island, she was a substitute teacher with the Danbury Public School system. She was member of St. Gregory the Great Parish of Danbury.
O’Neill is survived by her husband, Theodore G. O’Neill; sons, Adam Vossbrinck (Debbie), Jon Vossbrinck (Adrianna) and Ted O’Neill (Carrie); brothers, Warren Sherwood and Dennis Sherwood; sister, Peggy Griswald; seven grandchildren; several nieces, nephews; and cousins. She was predeceased by her parents;and son, Paul Vossbrinck.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 14 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Feb. 15 at 11 a.m. in St. Gregory the Great Church, 85 Great Plain Road, Danbury. Interment will take place in St. Francis Cemetery, New Milford in spring.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 4 Apartments Rising At 1 Kennedy Flats Development In Downtown Danbury
- 5 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later