DANBURY, Conn. - Kathryn A. O’Neill of Danbury died Tuesday, Feb. 11. She was 66.
O’Neill was born Sept. 21, 1947, in Staten Island, N.Y.; daughter of William and Margaret (McNamara) Sherwood. She attended New York schools. An area resident for the past 40 years coming from Staten Island, she was a substitute teacher with the Danbury Public School system. She was member of St. Gregory the Great Parish of Danbury.
O’Neill is survived by her husband, Theodore G. O’Neill; sons, Adam Vossbrinck (Debbie), Jon Vossbrinck (Adrianna) and Ted O’Neill (Carrie); brothers, Warren Sherwood and Dennis Sherwood; sister, Peggy Griswald; seven grandchildren; several nieces, nephews; and cousins. She was predeceased by her parents;and son, Paul Vossbrinck.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 14 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Feb. 15 at 11 a.m. in St. Gregory the Great Church, 85 Great Plain Road, Danbury. Interment will take place in St. Francis Cemetery, New Milford in spring.
- 1 Danbury Police Arrest 52-Year-Old Man On Sex Assault Charges
- 2 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Danbury For Saturday