DANBURY, Conn. - Kenneth Robbins of Danbury died Sunday, March 16. He was 55.
Robbins was born Aug. 26, 1958, in Fort Kent, Maine. He was the son of Emelene Dubey and Alton Robbins. He lived there until he was 5, when his family relocated to the Danbury area. He graduated from Danbury High School and received a bachelor's degree in education from Western Connecticut State University. He continued his education earning a master's and sixth-year degree in educational leadership. He was currently working on his doctoral degree in education from Western Connecticut State University.
He was an educator and administrator with the Danbury Public Schools. He currently was the assistant principal at Rogers Park Middle School.
Robbins is survived by his son, Thomas Kenneth Robbins; daughter, Jessica Marie Robbins; wife, Doreen Marie Robbins; mother, Emelene Dubey; brothers, Len Robbins (Catherine) and Stan Robbins; sister, Flo Barton; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his father, Alton.
Calling hours are Friday, March 21 from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A wake service will be conducted Friday, March 21, at 6:45 p.m. in the funeral home. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to The Ken Robbins Memorial Athletic Fund, c/o Danbury HS Athletic Department, 43 Clapboard Ridge Road, Danbury, CT 06811.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Danbury Police: Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Ramming Unmarked Car
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 5 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn