DANBURY, Conn. - Mackenzie Alba Newsome, who went by the nickname “Mac,” died Tuesday, March 5. She was 4.
Mackenzie was born Aug. 8, 2008 to Michael and Melissa (Lahoud) Newsome. She attended pre-school program of Mill Ridge Primary School before her illness.
Newsome is survived by her parents; her brother Jacob; her maternal grandparents, David and Nancy Lahoud; paternal grandparents, Levi "Skip" and Mary Ann Newsome; maternal great grandmother Roberta Lahoud Eglington and several aunts, uncles and cousins.
Calling hours are Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday at 10 a.m. at St. Joseph Church, Danbury. Burial will be in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
Newsome’s favorite color was pink and it is requested that all attending her funeral wear an item in pink in her memory.
In lieu of flowers, donations will be accepted to The Mackenzie Newsome Scholarship Fund, which helps high school students who major in biology, c/ o Danbury High School, 43 Clapboard Ridge Road, Danbury, CT 06811.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport