DANBURY, Conn. - Mackenzie Alba Newsome, who went by the nickname “Mac,” died Tuesday, March 5. She was 4.
Mackenzie was born Aug. 8, 2008 to Michael and Melissa (Lahoud) Newsome. She attended pre-school program of Mill Ridge Primary School before her illness.
Newsome is survived by her parents; her brother Jacob; her maternal grandparents, David and Nancy Lahoud; paternal grandparents, Levi "Skip" and Mary Ann Newsome; maternal great grandmother Roberta Lahoud Eglington and several aunts, uncles and cousins.
Calling hours are Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday at 10 a.m. at St. Joseph Church, Danbury. Burial will be in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
Newsome’s favorite color was pink and it is requested that all attending her funeral wear an item in pink in her memory.
In lieu of flowers, donations will be accepted to The Mackenzie Newsome Scholarship Fund, which helps high school students who major in biology, c/ o Danbury High School, 43 Clapboard Ridge Road, Danbury, CT 06811.
- 1 Danbury Police Pull Driver From Car In Candlewood Lake
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Danbury Skies Sunday
- 3 Danbury Teen's Jump From Hospital Parking Garage Tops Week’s News
- 4 Danbury Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 5 Macricostas Family Bestows $3 Million To Danbury's WestConn