DANBURY, Conn. - Marie Gillotti-Goeller of Danbury died Saturday, March 22. She was 73.
Gillotti-Goeller was born Aug. 24, 1940, in Danbury. She attended Locust Avenue School and St. Peter's School, graduated from Danbury High School and Danbury Teacher's College (Western Connecticut State University) with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education and began her teaching career in the Danbury Public School as an English teacher. She later served as an English as a Second Language teacher at Henry Abbott Technical School and several adult education programs.
Gillotti-Goeller is survived by her daughters, Jennifer Morsey (Chance) of Danbury and Alison Salerno (Sean) of Wappingers Falls, N.Y.; a granddaughter; brother, John Gillotti, Jr.; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Klaus Goeller.
Calling hours are Tuesday, March 25 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 26 at St. Gregory the Great Church, 85 Great Plain Road, Danbury. A Christian burial will follow at St. Peter's Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Marie's name to Out to Pasture Farm and Rescue, Inc. P.O. Box 310174, Newington, CT. 06131.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Man Apprehended After Assault, Police Chase That Ends On Danbury Border
- 5 Eversource Reports Power Outages In Danbury