DANBURY, Conn. - Mary Katherine (Kornhaas) Gorup of Danbury died Thursday, Jan. 16. She was 90.
Gorup was born Oct. 5, 1923, in Danbury; daughter of Frank and Mary Keane Kornhaas. She attended St. Peter School and was a 1940 graduate of Danbury High School. She was an employee with Davis & Geck for over 25 years, and retired in 1978.
A lifelong Danbury resident, she was a member of Sacred Heart Church and St. Peter Church. She enjoyed her summers at Cape Cod with her husband.
Gorup is survived by her cousins, George Keane, Kevin Keane, John Keane, Mary Beth (Keane) Hackenberg, Helen (Keane) Porcaro and Judith Keane. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, George Rae Gorup; and brother, John Korhaas.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22 at Sacred Heart Church, Danbury. Burial will be in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury, at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Gorup's memory may be made to Regional Hospice of Western Connecticut, 39 Old Ridgebury Rd., Danbury, CT 06810.
For more information, please visit: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Mary-Gorup&lc=6777&pid=169147381&mid=5820611&locale=en_US
- 1 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury