DANBURY, Conn. - Mary Elizabeth (Shanley) Mockovak of Danbury died Sept. 3. She was 80.
Mockovak was born May 13, 1934, in Danbury, to Frank and Martha Shanley. She lived in the greater Danbury area most of her life. She graduated from Danbury High School Class of 1951 She moved back to Connecticut in 1969 and lived in Newtown for the next 25 years.
Mockovak is survived by her son, Mark Mockovak; two grandchildren; brother, Edward Shanley (Arlene), also of Newtown; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Robert A. Mockovak; and brothers, John, Francis and Donald.
A private service will be held at Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. Burial will be in Elmwood Cemetery, Bethel.
Donations in Mockovak’s name may be made to the American Civil Liberties Union, 125 Broad Street, 18th Floor, New York NY 10004 or Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western CT, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury, CT 06810.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview