DANBURY, Conn. - Michael J. McLaughlin Jr. of Danbury died Saturday, June 28. He was 81.
McLaughlin was born in New York, N.Y., the son of Michael J. and Nellie (Fleming) McLaughlin Sr. He attended New York City schools and served in the U.S. Army, 192nd Field Artillery, during the Korean War era. He had worked as a truck driver for the Froehlich Transportation and was a member of Teamsters 677. In 1995, he retired from Yellow Freight. He was a member of the American Legion.
McLaughlin is survived by his wife, Karen Larson McLaughlin; children, Sheila (Denis) Dupuis, Rhea Letourneau, Patricia McLaughlin, Catherine (Wayne) Miller, Barbara McLaughlin, Michael J. (Jennifer R.) McLaughlin III, and Owen McLaughlin; stepchildren, Michael King and Gail, and Kimberly (Lenny) Gaita; and many grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Saturday, July 5, from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. Interment will be private.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Danbury
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 4 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm