DANBURY, Conn. - Panagoits “Peter” Gabriel of Danbury died Wednesday, June 11. He was 89.
Gabriel was born March 9, 1925, in Greece, and was the son of Aristides and Angela (Gabriel) Gabriel. He attended school in Greece and at the age of 21 immigrated to the United States, settling in Danbury. He was employed in past years with the former Castro Convertible Corporation of Danbury and was a retired custodian with the Danbury Board of Education at Rogers Park Middle School. He was a member of the Assumption Greek Orthodox Church of Danbury.
Gabriel is survived by his wife, Aspasia; son, Steve Gabriel of Danbury; brother, Demetrios Gabriel (Kathy); and a niece.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 18 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury. The Trisagion Prayer Service will take place in the funeral home Wednesday, June 18 at 7 p.m. The Rite of Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 19 at the Assumption Greek Orthodox Church, 30 Clapboard Ridge Road, Danbury with the Rev. Peter Karloutsos officiating. Interment will follow in Wooster Cemetery, Danbury.
- 1 Danbury Police Arrest 52-Year-Old Man On Sex Assault Charges
- 2 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Danbury For Saturday