DANBURY, Conn. - Paulette Fay (Najam) Cherniske of Danbury died May 7. She was 63.
Cherniske was born Aug. 4, 1950, to Angela Spano Graul and Joseph Najam. She grew up and lived most of her life in Danbury, attending Danbury schools and graduating from Danbury High School. She moved to Florida for a few years to be closer to her daughters and grandson, but eventually moved back to her home in Danbury.
Cherniske is survived by her daughters, Dawn (Cherniske) Leslie (Paul) of Lakeland, Fla., and Donna Cherniske Brunner (Rob); brother, Bernard Gallo (Margaret); sister, Maria Beckwith (George) of Jensen Beach, Fla.; a grandson; many cousins; nieces, nephews; and friends. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Cherniske’s name to the hospice center, Life Choice, 4 Oxford Road, Suite E4, Milford, CT 06460.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Ten-Year-Old Debuts In Danbury Palace's 'Scrooge: The Musical'
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring