DANBURY, Conn. - Paulette Fay (Najam) Cherniske of Danbury died May 7. She was 63.
Cherniske was born Aug. 4, 1950, to Angela Spano Graul and Joseph Najam. She grew up and lived most of her life in Danbury, attending Danbury schools and graduating from Danbury High School. She moved to Florida for a few years to be closer to her daughters and grandson, but eventually moved back to her home in Danbury.
Cherniske is survived by her daughters, Dawn (Cherniske) Leslie (Paul) of Lakeland, Fla., and Donna Cherniske Brunner (Rob); brother, Bernard Gallo (Margaret); sister, Maria Beckwith (George) of Jensen Beach, Fla.; a grandson; many cousins; nieces, nephews; and friends. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Cherniske’s name to the hospice center, Life Choice, 4 Oxford Road, Suite E4, Milford, CT 06460.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Danbury Picks 92-Year-Old Army Vet As Grand Marshal For Parade
- 3 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 4 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station