DANBURY, Conn. - Paulette Fay (Najam) Cherniske of Danbury died May 7. She was 63.
Cherniske was born Aug. 4, 1950, to Angela Spano Graul and Joseph Najam. She grew up and lived most of her life in Danbury, attending Danbury schools and graduating from Danbury High School. She moved to Florida for a few years to be closer to her daughters and grandson, but eventually moved back to her home in Danbury.
Cherniske is survived by her daughters, Dawn (Cherniske) Leslie (Paul) of Lakeland, Fla., and Donna Cherniske Brunner (Rob); brother, Bernard Gallo (Margaret); sister, Maria Beckwith (George) of Jensen Beach, Fla.; a grandson; many cousins; nieces, nephews; and friends. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Cherniske’s name to the hospice center, Life Choice, 4 Oxford Road, Suite E4, Milford, CT 06460.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Danbury, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Woman Due In Danbury Court After Car Chase Leads To Crash In Ridgefield