DANBURY, Conn. - Pearl (Sackman) Marcus of Danbury died Wednesday, Aug. 6. She was 95.
Her husband, Jack Marcus, whose family started Marcus Dairy, died in June.
She is survived by her daughter, Susan Garber Brown (Edward) of Unionville, Pa.; sons, Michael (Nancy) of Danbury, Neil (Lisi) of Redding and Jeffrey (Annette) of Brookfield; and 11 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren. Her son, Alan, predeceased her.
Graveside funeral services and burial will take place Sunday, Aug. 10, at 11 a.m. in the United Jewish Center Cemetery, Gray's Bridge Road, Brookfield, with Rabbi Clifford Librach and Cantor Penny Kessler of the United Jewish Center of Danbury officiating.
A period of mourning will be observed Sunday, Aug. 10, from 2 to 6 p.m. with Minyan at 6 p.m. and Monday, Aug. 11, from 5 to 8 p.m. with Minyan at 7 p.m. at 207 Southern Blvd., Danbury.
For more information, visit www.jowdykanefuneralhome.com
- 1 Man Commits Suicide In Danbury Fair Mall Bathroom
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Danbury, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Danbury
- 4 Danbury Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Danbury With Snow, Ice In Forecast