RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Serafim B. Lopes of Ridgefield, formerly of Danbury, died Monday, Feb. 17. He was 90.
Lopes was born Aug. 4, 1923, in Nabainhos, Portugal, son of Jose and Clara Lopes. He had worked for many years in the building construction industry before his retirement.
Lopes is survived by his children, Clara Tomas (Manuel) of Round Rock, Texas, Maria Oliveira (Jorge) of Danbury, Carminda Tomas (Serafim) of Danbury and Anthony Lopes (Teresa) of Danbury; and five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Maria Graca Lopes.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Danbury. Burial will follow at St. Peter Cemetery.
Bouton & Reynolds Funeral Home are in charge of arrangements.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 3 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director