RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Serafim B. Lopes of Ridgefield, formerly of Danbury, died Monday, Feb. 17. He was 90.
Lopes was born Aug. 4, 1923, in Nabainhos, Portugal, son of Jose and Clara Lopes. He had worked for many years in the building construction industry before his retirement.
Lopes is survived by his children, Clara Tomas (Manuel) of Round Rock, Texas, Maria Oliveira (Jorge) of Danbury, Carminda Tomas (Serafim) of Danbury and Anthony Lopes (Teresa) of Danbury; and five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Maria Graca Lopes.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Danbury. Burial will follow at St. Peter Cemetery.
Bouton & Reynolds Funeral Home are in charge of arrangements.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Mayor Unveils $40 Million Plan To Expand Danbury High
- 3 Danbury's Henry Abbott Tech Gets State's Seventh E-House
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Danbury