RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Serafim B. Lopes of Ridgefield, formerly of Danbury, died Monday, Feb. 17. He was 90.
Lopes was born Aug. 4, 1923, in Nabainhos, Portugal, son of Jose and Clara Lopes. He had worked for many years in the building construction industry before his retirement.
Lopes is survived by his children, Clara Tomas (Manuel) of Round Rock, Texas, Maria Oliveira (Jorge) of Danbury, Carminda Tomas (Serafim) of Danbury and Anthony Lopes (Teresa) of Danbury; and five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Maria Graca Lopes.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Danbury. Burial will follow at St. Peter Cemetery.
Bouton & Reynolds Funeral Home are in charge of arrangements.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 3 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Danbury Police: Two Busted With Pot On George Street