DANBURY, Conn. - Thomas John Stella of Danbury died Sunday, June 8. He was 81.
Stella was born Jan. 23, 1933, in Scranton, Pa., he was the son of Thomas U. and Anna (Mahalik) Stella. A resident of Danbury for over 70 years, he was a graduate of Saint Joseph Grammar School and Henry Abbott Technical School. He was a U.S. Navy veteran and was employed as a milk delivery man with Marcus Dairy for 17 years. He later worked with the R.J. Gallagher Co. as a truck driver until the time of his retirement. He was a parishioner of Saint Joseph Church, Danbury.
Stella is survived by his sons, John T. Stella (Susan) of Gridley, Ill., and Jeffrey A. Stella of Southbury; daughters: JoAnn S. Larnerd (Ray) of Sandy Hook and Kathy LeClair of Danbury; 11 grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Mary Ann (Schoen) Stella.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 11 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 12 in Saint Joseph Church, Danbury. Burial with military honors will be in Saint Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
Contributions in Stella's memory may be made to the American Cancer Society, 38 Richards Ave., Norwalk, CT 06854.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced