BETHEL, Conn. - Vincent Oldham of Bethel, formerly of Danbury, died Tuesday, Feb. 11. He was 82.
Oldham was born April 12, 1931, in Danbury, the son of Francis and Mary Ellen Oldham. He spent the majority of his life in Danbury and attended Danbury High School. After working at the family-owned Acme Laundry, he worked as a maintenance mechanic for the City of Danbury.
Oldham is survived by his sons, Shawn Oldham (Tess) of Brookfield and Chris Oldham (Kelly) of Brookfield; three grandchildren; brother, Francis Oldham (Jeanette) of Southbury; and nieces and nephews. In addition to his parents, he was predeceased by his wife, Jeanette R. Oldham.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Feb. 18, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. Services will be held at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18, at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Oldham’s name to Greater Danbury Soap Box Derby Association, P.O. Box 394, Danbury, CT 06813, or Alzheimer's Association Connecticut Chapter, 2075 Silas Deane Highway, Suite 100 Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Danbury
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm