DANBURY, Conn. -- "Real Houswives of New Jersey" star Teresa Giudice could be spending her prison sentence at the Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury, the same facility that inspired the Netflix series "Orange is the New Black," according to e-online.com.
Giudice and her husband, Joe Giudice, pleaded guilty Tuesday to several charges of fraud in U.S. District Court in Newark. She faces up to 27 months in prison while her husband could spend up to 46 months incarcerated, e-online reported.
The Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury is the closest facility to New Jersey. It is where author Piper Kerman was incarcerated and inspired to write her memoir, "Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison." The memoir inspired the popular Netflix series, e-online said.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 2 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 3 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 4 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Danbury
- 5 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer