DANBURY, Conn. -- "Real Houswives of New Jersey" star Teresa Giudice could be spending her prison sentence at the Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury, the same facility that inspired the Netflix series "Orange is the New Black," according to e-online.com.
Giudice and her husband, Joe Giudice, pleaded guilty Tuesday to several charges of fraud in U.S. District Court in Newark. She faces up to 27 months in prison while her husband could spend up to 46 months incarcerated, e-online reported.
The Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury is the closest facility to New Jersey. It is where author Piper Kerman was incarcerated and inspired to write her memoir, "Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison." The memoir inspired the popular Netflix series, e-online said.
- 1 Malloy Brings Transportation Vision To Danbury, Calls For Widening Of I-84
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Danbury
- 3 Police: Danbury Resident Pepper Sprays Men Breaking Into His Home
- 4 Danbury Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Danbury With Snow, Ice In Forecast