DANBURY, Conn. -- "Real Houswives of New Jersey" star Teresa Giudice could be spending her prison sentence at the Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury, the same facility that inspired the Netflix series "Orange is the New Black," according to e-online.com.
Giudice and her husband, Joe Giudice, pleaded guilty Tuesday to several charges of fraud in U.S. District Court in Newark. She faces up to 27 months in prison while her husband could spend up to 46 months incarcerated, e-online reported.
The Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury is the closest facility to New Jersey. It is where author Piper Kerman was incarcerated and inspired to write her memoir, "Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison." The memoir inspired the popular Netflix series, e-online said.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Danbury Police: Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Ramming Unmarked Car
- 3 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 5 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn