DANBURY, Conn. -- An arrest warrant affidavit filed against a former Danbury police officer says he punched a suspected drunken driver in the mouth then mocked and laughed at the man, according to newstimes.com.
Christopher Belair arrived on the scene of a traffic stop in March 2013 and began to berate Rene Chalco, 35, with other officers watching, the newstimes.com said. Another officer made an audio recording of Belair's tirade with his cellphone, newstimes.com reported.
Belair was later fired from the force as a result of the incident. He has been charged with third-degree assault and second-degree threatening in the incident and pleaded not guilty , according to newstimes.com.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Apartments Rising At 1 Kennedy Flats Development In Downtown Danbury