DANBURY, Conn. -- An arrest warrant affidavit filed against a former Danbury police officer says he punched a suspected drunken driver in the mouth then mocked and laughed at the man, according to newstimes.com.
Christopher Belair arrived on the scene of a traffic stop in March 2013 and began to berate Rene Chalco, 35, with other officers watching, the newstimes.com said. Another officer made an audio recording of Belair's tirade with his cellphone, newstimes.com reported.
Belair was later fired from the force as a result of the incident. He has been charged with third-degree assault and second-degree threatening in the incident and pleaded not guilty , according to newstimes.com.
- 1 Bridgeport Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Danbury
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 3 Danbury High Runners Win FCIAC Cross Country Crown
- 4 'Real Housewives' Star To Serve Prison Time In Danbury
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola