DANBURY, Conn. -- An arrest warrant affidavit filed against a former Danbury police officer says he punched a suspected drunken driver in the mouth then mocked and laughed at the man, according to newstimes.com.
Christopher Belair arrived on the scene of a traffic stop in March 2013 and began to berate Rene Chalco, 35, with other officers watching, the newstimes.com said. Another officer made an audio recording of Belair's tirade with his cellphone, newstimes.com reported.
Belair was later fired from the force as a result of the incident. He has been charged with third-degree assault and second-degree threatening in the incident and pleaded not guilty , according to newstimes.com.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport