DANBURY, Conn. – Danbury schools are heightening security following a shooting Friday morning at a Newtown elementary school.
Danbury police have increased security at all school buildings, both public and private, and a police presence will be increased for children who walk home from school, according to a reverse call to parents of Danbury students.
The shooting took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. Some reports say the shooter has been killed, and CNN reported that two weapons were recovered from his body. The Hartford Courant reported "multiple deaths," including children.
The Danbury School District has been in contact with the principals in all buildings. Children at all schools are being kept indoors for the rest of the school day and all after-school activities have been canceled.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Eversource Reports Power Outages In Danbury
- 5 Man Apprehended After Assault, Police Chase That Ends On Danbury Border