DANBURY, Conn. — A Danbury emergency dispatcher gave a 9-year-old boy who dialed 911 the information he needed to help save a baby from choking, according to a Facebook post from the Danbury Fire Department.
The incident happened Saturday, as Danbury Fire & EMS Units were dispatched on the report of a baby choking, the department said.
The baby's 9-year-old brother dialed 911. The emergency dispatcher gave the boy life-saving instructions, which he then relayed to his mother, the fire department said.
She was able to save her own baby as rescue units arrived, the department said.
"Thanks to the quick-thinking of a 9-year-old boy, and the expertise of our dispatcher, a young life was saved," the fire department said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.