DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury Fire Chief Geoffrey Herald announced late Monday that he will retire this summer after nearly 40 years of service and seven years as chief in Danbury, according to the News Times.
Herald will retire some time between July 10 and Aug. 1. He has served as Danbury's fire chief since 2007.
Herald told News Times he hopes to travel to Europe and to ride his new motorcycle in his retirement.
- 1 Danbury Police Pull Driver From Car In Candlewood Lake
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Danbury Skies Sunday
- 3 Danbury Teen's Jump From Hospital Parking Garage Tops Week’s News
- 4 Danbury Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 5 Macricostas Family Bestows $3 Million To Danbury's WestConn