DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury Fire Chief Geoffrey Herald announced late Monday that he will retire this summer after nearly 40 years of service and seven years as chief in Danbury, according to the News Times.
Herald will retire some time between July 10 and Aug. 1. He has served as Danbury's fire chief since 2007.
Herald told News Times he hopes to travel to Europe and to ride his new motorcycle in his retirement.
- 1 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 2 Danbury Man, 22, Pleads Guilty To Stealing Nearly $300K From Investors
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Construction To Close I-684 Ramp