DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury Fire Chief Geoffrey Herald announced late Monday that he will retire this summer after nearly 40 years of service and seven years as chief in Danbury, according to the News Times.
Herald will retire some time between July 10 and Aug. 1. He has served as Danbury's fire chief since 2007.
Herald told News Times he hopes to travel to Europe and to ride his new motorcycle in his retirement.
- 1 Malloy Brings Transportation Vision To Danbury, Calls For Widening Of I-84
- 2 Suspected Drug Dealer Crashes After Fleeing Danbury Police
- 3 Police: Danbury Resident Pepper Sprays Men Breaking Into His Home
- 4 Danbury Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 5 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Danbury