DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury Fire Chief Geoffrey Herald announced late Monday that he will retire this summer after nearly 40 years of service and seven years as chief in Danbury, according to the News Times.
Herald will retire some time between July 10 and Aug. 1. He has served as Danbury's fire chief since 2007.
Herald told News Times he hopes to travel to Europe and to ride his new motorcycle in his retirement.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Danbury
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm