DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury Fire Chief Geoffrey Herald announced late Monday that he will retire this summer after nearly 40 years of service and seven years as chief in Danbury, according to the News Times.
Herald will retire some time between July 10 and Aug. 1. He has served as Danbury's fire chief since 2007.
Herald told News Times he hopes to travel to Europe and to ride his new motorcycle in his retirement.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Danbury Picks 92-Year-Old Army Vet As Grand Marshal For Parade
- 3 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 4 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Picture Perfect Memorial Day Greets Danbury As Parade Steps Off