DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury police arrested a 33-year-old city resident in a shooting Thursday afternoon that left the victim in critical condition, police said.
The shooting was reported at 5:42 p.m. Thursday at Rose Street and Bells Lane, police said. Officers found a 24-year-old man who had been shot once through the arm and chest, police said. He was transported and to Danbury Hospital, where he was listed in a critical condition, police said.
Witnesses on the scene identified the shooter as Eliseo Soto, of Danbury, police said. Soto had earlier caused a disturbance at the complex and then returned and shot the victim, witnesses told police.
Officers and detectives located Soto at his residence and placed him under arrest, police said.
Soto was charged with criminal attempt to commit murder, first-degree assault and criminal use of a firearm. He was held on $500,000 bond.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 2 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 3 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Danbury, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night