DANBURY, Conn. - A 21-year-old Danbury man has been arrested in the death of a woman in car accident a year ago on Federal Road in Danbury, police said.
Luis Martins turned himself in on an active arrest warrant Tuesday in connection with the crash, which occurred shortly before 3 p.m. June 8, 2013.
In the crash, Martins was reportedly speeding on Federal Road in a white 2013 Hyundai when he collided with a 2008 Ford F250 as it was turning off Federal Road, police said.
First responders took four people, including Martins and the driver of the Ford pickup, to the hospital for treatment of injuries sustained in the accident.
One of the passengers in Martins' car was killed in the accident.
Martins was charged with reckless driving, negligent homicide with a motor vehicle, misconduct with a motor-vehicle and two counts of third-degree assault.
He was released on $8,000 bond with a court date of June 10.
- 1 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 4 Danbury, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight