DANBURY, Conn. - A 21-year-old Danbury man has been arrested in the death of a woman in car accident a year ago on Federal Road in Danbury, police said.
Luis Martins turned himself in on an active arrest warrant Tuesday in connection with the crash, which occurred shortly before 3 p.m. June 8, 2013.
In the crash, Martins was reportedly speeding on Federal Road in a white 2013 Hyundai when he collided with a 2008 Ford F250 as it was turning off Federal Road, police said.
First responders took four people, including Martins and the driver of the Ford pickup, to the hospital for treatment of injuries sustained in the accident.
One of the passengers in Martins' car was killed in the accident.
Martins was charged with reckless driving, negligent homicide with a motor vehicle, misconduct with a motor-vehicle and two counts of third-degree assault.
He was released on $8,000 bond with a court date of June 10.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport