Contact Us
Danbury Daily Voice serves Danbury, CT
Return to your home site


Danbury Daily Voice serves Danbury, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Danbury Man Sentenced To 16 Years In Federal Prison For Home Invasions

Deirdre M. Daly, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut
Deirdre M. Daly, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut Photo Credit: Contributed

DANBURY, Conn. -- A Danbury man was sentenced to 16 years in federal prison on Thursday for orchestrating a series of violent home invasion robberies of illegal drugs and drug trafficking proceeds, US Attorney for the District of Connecticut Deirdre M. Daly said.

Marlon Patterson, also known as “Head,” 32, of Danbury, has been detained since his arrest on Oct. 16, 2013. He pleaded guilty May 1, 2015 to one count of interference with commerce by robbery, one count of attempted interference with commerce by robbery, and one count of use of a firearm during and in relation to crimes of violence.

According to court documents and statements made in court, in January 2013 the Danbury Police Department began investigating a narcotics trafficking network headed by Patterson and Michael Spears. The network maintained a series of drug distribution locations -- known as trap houses -- in Danbury, out of which members of the organization sold crack cocaine and heroin, according to the DA's office.

The organization also rented hotel rooms where they packaged and distributed narcotics. The investigation also revealed that Patterson, Spears and others had organized and committed armed home invasion robberies of marijuana dealers on Jan. 30, Feb. 14 and Feb. 18, 2013.

During each of the robberies, Patterson and others wore masks and carried firearms and forced their way into the residence of a known marijuana dealer. Once inside, the perpetrators attempted to or did steal marijuana and cash. In each instance, the perpetrators pistol whipped a victim and threatened to kill others within the home.

In May 2013, Patterson and his associate Paul Whitehurst, kidnapped an individual who owed Whitehurst a drug debt of approximately $100. Whitehurst physically and verbally assaulted the victim as they drove to a nearby reservoir. At the reservoir, Whitehurst pushed the victim into the water and then threw rocks at him. Patterson recorded the incident on his phone and can be heard laughing in the video, according to the DA's office.

Spears pleaded guilty and awaits sentencing. Whitehurst also pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 48 months of imprisonment.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Danbury Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.