DANBURY, Conn. - With the retirement of Danbury Fire Chief Geoff Herald coming this weekend, Mayor Mark Boughton has named Assistant Chief TJ Wiedl as the interim chief.
Herald will official retired on Sunday, July 13, at 7 a.m. at which time Wiedl will be taking over.
"I wish him and the department well, fair winds and good fortune. I am certain that the city will be well served," Herald said in an emailed statement.
In an interview with the Danbury News Times, Herald said he was looking forward to retirement and will be taking the time to ride his new motorcycle.
- 1 Danbury Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 3 Malloy Promotes Second Chance Society Reforms In Danbury
- 4 Danbury OKs $238M Budget With 2.4% Tax Hike
- 5 Daily Voice Leaders: Farooq Kathwari, CEO Of Danbury's Ethan Allen