DANBURY, Conn. - A 35-year-old Danbury man was arrested Wednesday on charges of sexually abusing a 12-year-old girl, police said.
The Danbury Police Department said it was tipped off to the case by the state Department of Children and Families, which notified police of a sexual abuse report made on its Careline.
DCF reported a tip about the sexual abuse of a 12-year-old to police on April 2, police said.
The resulting investigation by the Special Victims Unit led police to apply for an arrest warrant for Juan Vidal, 35, of 385 Main St., Danbury. Officers located Vidal on Wednesday and took him into custody, police said.
Vidal was charged with three counts of risk of injury to a minor and three counts of risk of injury to a minor in a sexual manner, police said.
He was held on $75,000 bond and is scheduled to be arraigned in court on April 17.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 2 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 3 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 4 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Danbury
- 5 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer