DANBURY, Conn. -- A 41-year-old native of the Dominican Republic who is wanted in Massachusetts on a kidnapping charge was arrested Thursday in Danbury, police said.
Cristyan Espinal-Martinez, of Springfield, Mass., was a fugitive from justice, police said. Acting on information supplied by the U.S. Marshals Service, Danbury police said officers located and arrested Espinal, who was using the alias “Yhoony Espinal."
He has twice previously been deported from the U.S. to his native Dominican Republic and had illegally re-entered the U.S., police said.
Massachusetts has a warrant charging him with kidnapping and indecent assault. He was held on $250,000 bond pending extradition to Massachusetts.
No further information was available on the case.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Danbury
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm