DANBURY, Conn. -- A 41-year-old native of the Dominican Republic who is wanted in Massachusetts on a kidnapping charge was arrested Thursday in Danbury, police said.
Cristyan Espinal-Martinez, of Springfield, Mass., was a fugitive from justice, police said. Acting on information supplied by the U.S. Marshals Service, Danbury police said officers located and arrested Espinal, who was using the alias “Yhoony Espinal."
He has twice previously been deported from the U.S. to his native Dominican Republic and had illegally re-entered the U.S., police said.
Massachusetts has a warrant charging him with kidnapping and indecent assault. He was held on $250,000 bond pending extradition to Massachusetts.
No further information was available on the case.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Danbury Plans To Sets Of Fireworks: Over Candlewood Lake, At Mall
- 3 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 4 Danbury Man Faces Drug Charges After Attack On Car
- 5 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run