DANBURY, Conn. -- In a recent crackdown on texting while driving and other motor vehicle violations, the Danbury Police Department issued 650 infractions and made five misdemeanor arrests, police said.
The Texting Wave Grant was executed from Thursday, June 5, to Wednesday, June 11, police said. Here are the totals on the infractions issued and misdemeanor arrests made in the traffic enforcement detail, according to Danbury police:
- Cellphone: 368 infractions.
- Texting: 103 infractions.
- Seat belt: 5 infractions.
- Child restraint: 1 infraction.
- Suspended license: 1 misdemeanor.
- Speed: 6 infractions.
- Drugs: 2 infractions.
- Other traffic violations: 119 infractions, 1 misdemeanor.
- Stop signs: 4 infractions.
- Traffic signals: 9 infractions.
- Uninsured motorist: 21 infractions, 2 misdemeanors.
- Unregistered motor vehicle: 12 infractions, 1 misdemeanor.
That makes for a total 650 infractions and five misdemeanors, according to a statement from the Danbury Police Department.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open