DANBURY, Conn. - Police are continuing to search for a woman who hid inside the bathroom at the Chase Bank on Newtown Road in Danbury on Monday night and took an undisclosed amount of cash from the bank.
Danbury police said the woman hid shortly before 6 p.m., when the bank was closing. She came out when only a few employees and a cleaning crew were left inside, police said.
The woman then went up to a teller and "demanded all the money," police said. No weapon was displayed during the robbery, police said.
Police described the suspect as an African-American female, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and wearing a light-colored shirt and a camouflage baseball cap.
She left the bank on foot and fled in an unknown direction with an undisclosed amount of money, police said.
Danbury detectives are continuing to investigate the robbery and are awaiting surveillance footage from the bank.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport