DANBURY, Conn. - Police are continuing to search for a woman who hid inside the bathroom at the Chase Bank on Newtown Road in Danbury on Monday night and took an undisclosed amount of cash from the bank.
Danbury police said the woman hid shortly before 6 p.m., when the bank was closing. She came out when only a few employees and a cleaning crew were left inside, police said.
The woman then went up to a teller and "demanded all the money," police said. No weapon was displayed during the robbery, police said.
Police described the suspect as an African-American female, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and wearing a light-colored shirt and a camouflage baseball cap.
She left the bank on foot and fled in an unknown direction with an undisclosed amount of money, police said.
Danbury detectives are continuing to investigate the robbery and are awaiting surveillance footage from the bank.
- 1 2 Hurt After Car Spins Out, Box Truck Overturns On I-84 In Danbury
- 2 Police Continue Probe Into Suicide At Danbury Mall
- 3 Drug Trafficker Gets Seven Years In Prison For Danbury Home Invasions
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Danbury
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Danbury; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely