DANBURY, Conn. -- The Webster Bank branch on Main Street in Danbury was robbed by a man Thursday afternoon who fled with an undisclosed amount of cash, police said.
Danbury officers responded to a reported hold-up alarm at 2:54 p.m. Thursday at the bank branch 301 Main St. in the Wooster Plaza shopping area, police said.
The bank was robbed by a male suspect described as wearing a black jacket with a black wool hat, police said. The suspect then fled in an unknown direction with an undisclosed amount of money, police said.
No injuries were reported.
Neighboring businesses said they were unaware of the incident until police arrived on the scene, the NewsTimes.com reported.
The Danbury Police Department's Detective Bureau is actively investigating the bank robbery. Any witnesses or people with information are asked to contact the Detective Bureau at 203-797-4662.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 4 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director