DANBURY, Conn. -- A 58-year-old Waterbury woman was arrested after trying to hire an undercover Danbury police officer to kill a man, police said.
Police arrested Elvira Rosa at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday and charged her with criminal attempt to commit murder.
The police investigation began earlier in the day after officers received information that Rosa was interested in hiring someone for the purpose of killing a male friend, police said. Arrangements were made for an undercover investigator to meet with Rosa, police said.
During their meeting, Rosa solicited the undercover investigator to murder one of her male friends, an action that resulted in her immediate arrest, police said.
She was then transported to the Danbury Police Department headquarters, where she was held on $500,000 bond pending her arraignment.
The case was investigated by officers from the Special Investigations Division, police said.
No further information on the case was available, police said.
- 1 Man Killed In Truck Crash Identified As City Of Danbury Worker
- 2 Man Killed After Truck Strikes Trees In One-Vehicle Crash In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Fires Teacher Charged With Sex Assault Over Certification
- 4 Danbury Home Renovated By HGTV's 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 5 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches