DANBURY, Conn. -- A 58-year-old Waterbury woman was arrested after trying to hire an undercover Danbury police officer to kill a man, police said.
Police arrested Elvira Rosa at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday and charged her with criminal attempt to commit murder.
The police investigation began earlier in the day after officers received information that Rosa was interested in hiring someone for the purpose of killing a male friend, police said. Arrangements were made for an undercover investigator to meet with Rosa, police said.
During their meeting, Rosa solicited the undercover investigator to murder one of her male friends, an action that resulted in her immediate arrest, police said.
She was then transported to the Danbury Police Department headquarters, where she was held on $500,000 bond pending her arraignment.
The case was investigated by officers from the Special Investigations Division, police said.
No further information on the case was available, police said.
- 1 Bridgeport Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Danbury
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 3 Danbury High Runners Win FCIAC Cross Country Crown
- 4 'Real Housewives' Star To Serve Prison Time In Danbury
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola