DANBURY, Conn. -- A 6-year-old girl was found wandering the parking lot Monday at the Burlington Coat Factory in Danbury when store workers contacted police, Danbury police said.
When officers arrived at the store, the manager told them two women brought the child into the store after they found her walking around the parking lot near Wells Fargo, police said.
Police said that according to the manager's statement, the child had been in the store for approximately 25 minutes before her mother, Gladis Uruchima, 36, of Danbury, arrived.
Police charged Uruchima with risk of injury to a minor, a felony, and was released on a $1,000 bond. She was due at Danbury Superior Court on Tuesday. The outcome of her court appearance is unknown.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Man Apprehended After Assault, Police Chase That Ends On Danbury Border
- 5 Eversource Reports Power Outages In Danbury