DANBURY, Conn. -- A 6-year-old girl was found wandering the parking lot Monday at the Burlington Coat Factory in Danbury when store workers contacted police, Danbury police said.
When officers arrived at the store, the manager told them two women brought the child into the store after they found her walking around the parking lot near Wells Fargo, police said.
Police said that according to the manager's statement, the child had been in the store for approximately 25 minutes before her mother, Gladis Uruchima, 36, of Danbury, arrived.
Police charged Uruchima with risk of injury to a minor, a felony, and was released on a $1,000 bond. She was due at Danbury Superior Court on Tuesday. The outcome of her court appearance is unknown.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Danbury Picks 92-Year-Old Army Vet As Grand Marshal For Parade
- 3 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Danbury
- 4 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 5 Picture Perfect Memorial Day Greets Danbury As Parade Steps Off