DANBURY, Conn. -- A 6-year-old girl was found wandering the parking lot Monday at the Burlington Coat Factory in Danbury when store workers contacted police, Danbury police said.
When officers arrived at the store, the manager told them two women brought the child into the store after they found her walking around the parking lot near Wells Fargo, police said.
Police said that according to the manager's statement, the child had been in the store for approximately 25 minutes before her mother, Gladis Uruchima, 36, of Danbury, arrived.
Police charged Uruchima with risk of injury to a minor, a felony, and was released on a $1,000 bond. She was due at Danbury Superior Court on Tuesday. The outcome of her court appearance is unknown.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Danbury Police: Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Ramming Unmarked Car
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 5 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn