DANBURY, Conn. -- A 6-year-old girl was found wandering the parking lot Monday at the Burlington Coat Factory in Danbury when store workers contacted police, Danbury police said.
When officers arrived at the store, the manager told them two women brought the child into the store after they found her walking around the parking lot near Wells Fargo, police said.
Police said that according to the manager's statement, the child had been in the store for approximately 25 minutes before her mother, Gladis Uruchima, 36, of Danbury, arrived.
Police charged Uruchima with risk of injury to a minor, a felony, and was released on a $1,000 bond. She was due at Danbury Superior Court on Tuesday. The outcome of her court appearance is unknown.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport