DANBURY, Conn. - A Danbury woman was charged with risk of injury to a minor after a 4-year-old girl was found walking alone on White Street in sub-zero wind chill temperatures Monday night.
Maritza Vizhco, 23, was taken into custody on Tuesday morning.
Late Monday night, Danbury police picked up the girl walking alone on White Street and could not find the child's parents.
A motorist called police at approximately 10:20 p.m. after seeing the child waling alone on the street. When police arrived, the child was able to show officers her home, which was nearby.
Police found no one at the home and all attempts to locate the mother were unsuccessful. The officers left a note at the home stating that child was in police custody and requested that Vizhco contact them immediately.
The child stayed with police until a representative from the Department of Children and Families arrived and a family member was found. A family member was later given custody of the girl.
On Tuesday morning Vizcho contacted the police regarding the note and at 2 p.m. she arrived at police headquarters where she was taken into custody. She was held on a $5,000 bond. No court date was given.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Restaurant Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion
- 2 Police Detail Sex Assault Charges Against Danbury High Teacher
- 3 Danbury Man Killed In I-684 Crash
- 4 Danbury Police: Nanny-Cam Shows Trauma Suffered By Girl Burned On Stove
- 5 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide