GREENWICH, Conn. -- DNA evidence found on Vyacheslav Cherepov's vehicle has linked the Ridgefield resident to the fatal accident that killed Meghan Beebe in a Greenwich parking lot last year, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Cherepov's public defender said bloodstains taken from the bottom of the defendant's vehicle matched the DNA of 21-year-old Beebe, the Stamford Advocate reported.
Police tracked down Cherepov from car parts left behind at the scene. He was arrested two days after the fatal accident.
Cherepov's attorney has asked for a three-week continuance in his court case. The case is currently scheduled to be in court on Tuesday, May 6, the Stamford Advocate said.
Click here to read about his arrest last year in the Daily Voice.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Danbury Police: Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Ramming Unmarked Car
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 5 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn