RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- A Ridgefield family is homeless after a fire destroyed their home at 25 Standish Drive home on Sunday, June 22, according to the Ridgefield Press.
One member of the family was sent to the hospital as a result of the blaze but was later released, the Ridgefield Press reported.
Fire marshals were investigating the cause of the fire, according to the Ridgefield Press.
Ridgefield Fire Chief Kevin Tappe told the Press that there are no hydrants in the area and tanker water was used to knock down the blaze. Tankers from Redding, West Redding, Georgetown, Miry Brook in Danbury and South Salem, N.Y., also helped at the scene.
- 1 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury