RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- A Ridgefield family is homeless after a fire destroyed their home at 25 Standish Drive home on Sunday, June 22, according to the Ridgefield Press.
One member of the family was sent to the hospital as a result of the blaze but was later released, the Ridgefield Press reported.
Fire marshals were investigating the cause of the fire, according to the Ridgefield Press.
Ridgefield Fire Chief Kevin Tappe told the Press that there are no hydrants in the area and tanker water was used to knock down the blaze. Tankers from Redding, West Redding, Georgetown, Miry Brook in Danbury and South Salem, N.Y., also helped at the scene.
- 1 Danbury Man, 50, Busted On Charges Of Selling Heroin At Condo Complex
- 2 Danbury Police: Two Busted With Pot On George Street
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Danbury Police Charge Man With Dealing Drugs From Car, Apartment
- 5 Man Gets Prison Time For Drive-By Shooting Linked To Danbury Killing