DANBURY, Conn. -- A former Danbury police officer, who was fired in June for a March incident involving a traffic stop, has been charged with assault, according to CTNews.
Christopher Belair was charged with one count of third-degree assault, according to the report.
State Police detailed in a report that Belair "berated an undocumented immigrant he suspected of drunk driving during a traffic stop at around 1 a.m. on March 8," according to the report. State Police later identified the victim as a 35-year-old Danbury resident, according to the CTNews report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 3 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital