DANBURY, Conn. -- A former Danbury police officer, who was fired in June for a March incident involving a traffic stop, has been charged with assault, according to CTNews.
Christopher Belair was charged with one count of third-degree assault, according to the report.
State Police detailed in a report that Belair "berated an undocumented immigrant he suspected of drunk driving during a traffic stop at around 1 a.m. on March 8," according to the report. State Police later identified the victim as a 35-year-old Danbury resident, according to the CTNews report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 2 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Danbury, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 Danbury Man, 22, Pleads Guilty To Stealing Nearly $300K From Investors