DANBURY, Conn. -- A former Danbury police officer, who was fired in June for a March incident involving a traffic stop, has been charged with assault, according to CTNews.
Christopher Belair was charged with one count of third-degree assault, according to the report.
State Police detailed in a report that Belair "berated an undocumented immigrant he suspected of drunk driving during a traffic stop at around 1 a.m. on March 8," according to the report. State Police later identified the victim as a 35-year-old Danbury resident, according to the CTNews report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Restaurant Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion
- 2 Police Detail Sex Assault Charges Against Danbury High Teacher
- 3 Danbury Man Killed In I-684 Crash
- 4 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 5 Danbury Police: Nanny-Cam Shows Trauma Suffered By Girl Burned On Stove