DANBURY, Conn. -- A former Danbury police officer, who was fired in June for a March incident involving a traffic stop, has been charged with assault, according to CTNews.
Christopher Belair was charged with one count of third-degree assault, according to the report.
State Police detailed in a report that Belair "berated an undocumented immigrant he suspected of drunk driving during a traffic stop at around 1 a.m. on March 8," according to the report. State Police later identified the victim as a 35-year-old Danbury resident, according to the CTNews report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 4 Ten-Year-Old Debuts In Danbury Palace's 'Scrooge: The Musical'
- 5 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open