DANBURY, Conn. -- A former Danbury police officer, who was fired in June for a March incident involving a traffic stop, has been charged with assault, according to CTNews.
Christopher Belair was charged with one count of third-degree assault, according to the report.
State Police detailed in a report that Belair "berated an undocumented immigrant he suspected of drunk driving during a traffic stop at around 1 a.m. on March 8," according to the report. State Police later identified the victim as a 35-year-old Danbury resident, according to the CTNews report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Danbury Police Pull Driver From Car In Candlewood Lake
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Danbury Skies Sunday
- 3 Danbury Teen's Jump From Hospital Parking Garage Tops Week’s News
- 4 Danbury Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 5 Macricostas Family Bestows $3 Million To Danbury's WestConn