GREENWICH, Conn. -- A Greenwich Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Lee Whitnum was arrested and charged with breach of peace after attempting to bite a judicial marshal at the Stamford Courthouse on Thursday, April 24, according to the Stamford Advocate. Whitnum, however has a different view of the incident.
Lee Whitnum, 53, had a dispute with another patron in the law library over paper stacked near a printer, the Advocate said. Whitnum was warned by the law librarian that she would have her privileges revoked, the Stamford Advocate reported.
After a similar incident took place on Thursday, marshals attempted to escort Whitnum from the library, the Advocate said. It was then that she allegedly attempted to bite the marshal, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Whitnum contends she was exiting the library when asked to leave but was attacked by six marshals, according to ctnews.com.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 4 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director