DANBURY, Conn. – A 17-year-old from Danbury can be prosecuted as an adult on murder charges in the fatal stabbing of another teenager, according to a report in The News-Times.
Judge Robin Pavia decided there was enough evidence to charge Emanuel Harris, 17, with the murder of Luan Pitol, also 17, the report said.
Three prosecution witnesses testified about a Dec. 7 brawl between two groups of young people after a dance at the Harambee Youth Center. The situation calmed briefly, according to the report, before it escalated again near the Wooster Street Cemetery, where Harris stabbed Pitol and another victim, the story said.
Click here to read the News-Times story.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 2 Danbury High Runners Win FCIAC Cross Country Crown
- 3 'Real Housewives' Star To Serve Prison Time In Danbury
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola