DANBURY, Conn. – A 17-year-old from Danbury can be prosecuted as an adult on murder charges in the fatal stabbing of another teenager, according to a report in The News-Times.
Judge Robin Pavia decided there was enough evidence to charge Emanuel Harris, 17, with the murder of Luan Pitol, also 17, the report said.
Three prosecution witnesses testified about a Dec. 7 brawl between two groups of young people after a dance at the Harambee Youth Center. The situation calmed briefly, according to the report, before it escalated again near the Wooster Street Cemetery, where Harris stabbed Pitol and another victim, the story said.
Click here to read the News-Times story.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Danbury Picks 92-Year-Old Army Vet As Grand Marshal For Parade
- 3 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 4 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station