DANBURY, Conn. – A 17-year-old from Danbury can be prosecuted as an adult on murder charges in the fatal stabbing of another teenager, according to a report in The News-Times.
Judge Robin Pavia decided there was enough evidence to charge Emanuel Harris, 17, with the murder of Luan Pitol, also 17, the report said.
Three prosecution witnesses testified about a Dec. 7 brawl between two groups of young people after a dance at the Harambee Youth Center. The situation calmed briefly, according to the report, before it escalated again near the Wooster Street Cemetery, where Harris stabbed Pitol and another victim, the story said.
Click here to read the News-Times story.
- 1 Salsa Fresca Serves Up Fast, Fresh Mexican Fare In Danbury
- 2 Report Says 72 Arrests Were Made At Danbury Schools In 2013
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Danbury Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks