DANBURY, Conn. – A Danbury man was arrested after a two-car accident at Main and Rose streets Saturday after officers determined he was intoxicated behind the wheel, police said.
Juan Tuquinahui, 31, rear-ended another vehicle, police said. When police arrived, Tuquinahui was having difficulty standing and smelled strongly of alcohol, Detective Lt. Tom Michael said. Both cars were heavily damaged, police said.
Tuquinahui was charged with operating without a license, failure to drive a reasonable distance apart and driving under the influence, Michael said. Tuquinahui was held on $10,000 bail and was scheduled to appear in court Dec. 11.
- 1 Kathleen A. Vojtek Bassick, 47, Of Danbury, Worked For Cartus Relocation
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Danbury
- 3 Man Shot By Fellow Hunter Treated At Danbury Hospital
- 4 Reality Series Offers A Peek Of What's Happening On Danbury's Deer Hill Ave
- 5 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital