DANBURY, Conn. – A Danbury man was arrested after a two-car accident at Main and Rose streets Saturday after officers determined he was intoxicated behind the wheel, police said.
Juan Tuquinahui, 31, rear-ended another vehicle, police said. When police arrived, Tuquinahui was having difficulty standing and smelled strongly of alcohol, Detective Lt. Tom Michael said. Both cars were heavily damaged, police said.
Tuquinahui was charged with operating without a license, failure to drive a reasonable distance apart and driving under the influence, Michael said. Tuquinahui was held on $10,000 bail and was scheduled to appear in court Dec. 11.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Man Apprehended After Assault, Police Chase That Ends On Danbury Border
- 3 Danbury Teen Selected To Visit D.C., Meet With President Obama
- 4 Eversource Reports Power Outages In Danbury
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money