DANBURY, Conn. – A Danbury man was arrested after a two-car accident at Main and Rose streets Saturday after officers determined he was intoxicated behind the wheel, police said.
Juan Tuquinahui, 31, rear-ended another vehicle, police said. When police arrived, Tuquinahui was having difficulty standing and smelled strongly of alcohol, Detective Lt. Tom Michael said. Both cars were heavily damaged, police said.
Tuquinahui was charged with operating without a license, failure to drive a reasonable distance apart and driving under the influence, Michael said. Tuquinahui was held on $10,000 bail and was scheduled to appear in court Dec. 11.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Restaurant Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion
- 2 Police Detail Sex Assault Charges Against Danbury High Teacher
- 3 Danbury Man Killed In I-684 Crash
- 4 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 5 Danbury Police: Nanny-Cam Shows Trauma Suffered By Girl Burned On Stove