DARIEN, Conn. - The man who was struck and killed by a train at the Noroton Heights station Monday morning has been identified as Kevin Murphy, 55, of Darien, according to Metro-North.
There is currently no information on how Murphy got on to the tracks, according to MTA spokesperson Aaron Donovan. The incident is being investigated by MTA police.
Murphy was hit just before 6:30 a.m. by a train that had departed New Haven at 5:38 a.m. The accident temporarily shut down all eastbound service at the Noroton Heights, Darien and Rowayton stations. Service was resumed late Monday morning.
- 1 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 2 Danbury Man Faces Gun Charge After I-684 Stop
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Deadly Crash, Tick Warnings Top Week's News In Danbury
- 5 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage