DANBURY, Conn. -- Taxes will rise just less than 3 percent for Danbury residents under the new budget approved Tuesday night by the Danbury City Council, according to the NewsTimes.com.
The spending plan for the city and the schools totals $235.7 million for the 2014-15 fiscal year, the NewsTimes.com said.
Spending for education will increase $3.5 million, with $2.9 million of that amount slated to pay for staffing and equipment for a new middle school scheduled to open in the fall.
The budget also includes $5.2 million in capital improvements for the city.
Read the full story here at the NewsTimes.com.
- 1 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 2 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 5 Danbury, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night