DANBURY, Conn. -- Taxes will rise just less than 3 percent for Danbury residents under the new budget approved Tuesday night by the Danbury City Council, according to the NewsTimes.com.
The spending plan for the city and the schools totals $235.7 million for the 2014-15 fiscal year, the NewsTimes.com said.
Spending for education will increase $3.5 million, with $2.9 million of that amount slated to pay for staffing and equipment for a new middle school scheduled to open in the fall.
The budget also includes $5.2 million in capital improvements for the city.
Read the full story here at the NewsTimes.com.
- 1 Danbury Police Pull Driver From Car In Candlewood Lake
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Danbury Skies Sunday
- 3 Danbury Teen's Jump From Hospital Parking Garage Tops Week’s News
- 4 Danbury Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 5 Macricostas Family Bestows $3 Million To Danbury's WestConn