DANBURY, Conn. - Danbury voters have two primaries Tuesday: Republicans will vote on a gubernatorial candidate and Democrats on a candidate for a registrar of voters.
Republican voters across Danbury will head to the the polls to vote for either Tom Foley or John McKinney. The winner will be on the ballot in November against Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy.
Republicans can also ballots for candidates for the following offices:
- Lieutenant governor: Penny Bacchiochi, Heather Somers or David M. Walker
- Comptroller: Sharon J. McLaughlin or Angel Cadena
Democratic voters in Danbury will choose between incumbent Marge Gallo and party-nominated candidate Susan Ward for registrar of voters.
Polling stations will be open for all registered Democrats and all registered Republicans in the city. Here is a list of locations:
- Ward 1: Danbury High School - School Gym, Use Beckerle St. Entrance
- Ward 2: Pembroke School - Gym, 34 Pembroke Road
- Ward 3: Stadley Rough School - Gym, 25 Karen Road
- Ward 4: Shelter Rock School - Gym, 2 Crows Nest Lane
- Ward 5: Danbury War Memorial - Gym, Memorial Drive
- Ward 6: Park Avenue School - Gym, 82 Park Avenue
- Ward 7: Mill Ridge Primary School - Gym, 47A High Ridge Road
All polling stations will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. statewide.
Voters can go online to the website for the Secretary of the State at www.sots.ct.gov/vote to see whether they are registered to vote and where their polling place is located.
Voters can also check their polling place here: www.votinginfoproject.org/vit/view/ct_primary_election_2014, a website developed by the Pew Charitable Trusts Voting Information Project in partnership with Google and Microsoft.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport