FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Residents of Fairfield County and all of Connecticut have something to be proud of after Politico Magazine recently ranked the Nutmeg State as the 10th strongest state in the union.
The publication gathered state rankings from various government agencies on important factors, including high school graduation rates, per capita income, life expectancy and crime rates, then averaged them to produce its final standings.
Connecticut fared better than some neighboring states such as New Jersey (No.12), New York (No. 27) and Rhode Island (No. 28), but came in behind fellow New England states New Hapmshire (No. 1), Vermont (No. 3) and Massachusetts (No. 5).
Mississippi placed last in the rankings, according to Politico.
- 1 Kathleen A. Vojtek Bassick, 47, Of Danbury, Worked For Cartus Relocation
- 2 Man Shot By Fellow Hunter Treated At Danbury Hospital
- 3 Reality Series Offers A Peek Of What's Happening On Danbury's Deer Hill Ave
- 4 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 5 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station