FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Residents of Fairfield County and all of Connecticut have something to be proud of after Politico Magazine recently ranked the Nutmeg State as the 10th strongest state in the union.
The publication gathered state rankings from various government agencies on important factors, including high school graduation rates, per capita income, life expectancy and crime rates, then averaged them to produce its final standings.
Connecticut fared better than some neighboring states such as New Jersey (No.12), New York (No. 27) and Rhode Island (No. 28), but came in behind fellow New England states New Hapmshire (No. 1), Vermont (No. 3) and Massachusetts (No. 5).
Mississippi placed last in the rankings, according to Politico.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 5 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later