FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Residents of Fairfield County and all of Connecticut have something to be proud of after Politico Magazine recently ranked the Nutmeg State as the 10th strongest state in the union.
The publication gathered state rankings from various government agencies on important factors, including high school graduation rates, per capita income, life expectancy and crime rates, then averaged them to produce its final standings.
Connecticut fared better than some neighboring states such as New Jersey (No.12), New York (No. 27) and Rhode Island (No. 28), but came in behind fellow New England states New Hapmshire (No. 1), Vermont (No. 3) and Massachusetts (No. 5).
Mississippi placed last in the rankings, according to Politico.
- 1 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 2 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach