FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) continued his YouTube video series "Connecticut in the Capitol," which takes viewers on a tour that highlights the state's connections to a variety of places and objects throughout the historic building in Washington, D.C.
The latest edition in the series covers the statue of Roger Sherman, one of the country's Founding Fathers. Sherman, a former mayor of New Haven, representative in New Milford, and signatory of all four of our country’s founding documents, created the concept behind the Connecticut Compromise—the agreement that determined that each state would have proportional representation in the House of Representatives, and two representatives in the U.S. Senate.
Click on the video above to see the full tour.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Danbury
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 4 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm