DANBURY, Conn. – A free early childhood fair hosted by Danbury’s Promise for Children Partnership will be held Saturday, Feb. 8, at Broadview Middle School.
The fair, “Off to a Great Start,” is free and runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Families with young children will get information on preschools and programs and services for families. There will also be free entertainment.
"This is a great opportunity for families with young children to enjoy a day out. There's free entertainment and free information about services," said Caroline LaFleur, director of Danbury's Promise for Children Partnership.
The Bossy the Frog Band will perform and Karianna Rosenberg will tell stories at the event. Face painting, arts and crafts, and free vision screening by the Lions Club will also be offered. More than 35 display tables with information about local preschools, early learning opportunities, and social services.
"All the information you need about programs for preschoolers will be available under one roof. Come find out what the Danbury area has to offer to support young children, while having a fun day with your children."
Free display tables are available for childcare providers and nonprofit providers of services to families. For more information, visit the Danbury Promise for Chidren website. A flier is available in English/Spanish and Portuguese on the site.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Danbury Police: Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Ramming Unmarked Car
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 5 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn