DANBURY, Conn. – A free early childhood fair hosted by Danbury’s Promise for Children Partnership will be held Saturday, Feb. 8, at Broadview Middle School.
The fair, “Off to a Great Start,” is free and runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Families with young children will get information on preschools and programs and services for families. There will also be free entertainment.
"This is a great opportunity for families with young children to enjoy a day out. There's free entertainment and free information about services," said Caroline LaFleur, director of Danbury's Promise for Children Partnership.
The Bossy the Frog Band will perform and Karianna Rosenberg will tell stories at the event. Face painting, arts and crafts, and free vision screening by the Lions Club will also be offered. More than 35 display tables with information about local preschools, early learning opportunities, and social services.
"All the information you need about programs for preschoolers will be available under one roof. Come find out what the Danbury area has to offer to support young children, while having a fun day with your children."
Free display tables are available for childcare providers and nonprofit providers of services to families. For more information, visit the Danbury Promise for Chidren website. A flier is available in English/Spanish and Portuguese on the site.
- 1 Malloy Brings Transportation Vision To Danbury, Calls For Widening Of I-84
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Danbury
- 3 Police: Danbury Resident Pepper Sprays Men Breaking Into His Home
- 4 Danbury Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Danbury With Snow, Ice In Forecast