DANBURY, Conn. -- Western Connecticut State University’s May 2014 commencement ceremonies will feature remarks by the president and chief executive officer of the Western Connecticut Health Network, Dr. John Murphy, and author and educational futurist Anya Kamenetz.
Murphy, the first physician to serve Danbury Hospital as its president and CEO, will deliver the commencement address Friday, May 9, at 7 p.m. at WCSU’s graduate student ceremony at the Stephen Feldman Arena, William A. O’Neill Athletic and Convocation Center on the university’s Westside campus, 43 Lake Ave. Ext., Danbury.
WCSU has recognized Murphy for his exemplary leadership and innovation in health care administration as the recipient of the university’s 2011 Macricostas Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Kamenetz, recognized for her insights into change and technology, is a syndicated columnist and contributing writer for Fast Company magazine. She will address graduates at the undergraduate ceremony at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, May 11, at the Athletic Practice Field on the Westside campus.
The graduation ceremony will take place rain or shine, and the public is invited.
For more information, call 203-837-8800 or visit the WestConn website.
- 1 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 2 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach