DANBURY, Conn. -- After students in the Danbury Public Schools enjoyed eight days off (so far) this winter due to snow, cold and ice, they will pay the price in June.
The school calendar has been extended and the last day of school is now scheduled for Friday, June 20.
The Danbury school system planned a 185-day calendar, five more days than required by the state.
"We have used the five emergency closing dates incorporated in our 185-day calendar, plus three," the Danbury school system said on its website.
Graduation at Danbury High School is confirmed for Tuesday, June 17, weather permitting.
The calendar was adjusted on Feb. 19, after two additional days off were added to the Presidents Day holiday weekend due to a snowstorm.
The school calendar can be found online with notes included about the extended school year.
- 1 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 2 Danbury High Female Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach