DANBURY, Conn. -- The name for the third middle school set to open in Danbury in the fall will be Westside Middle School Academy, according to newstimes.com.
The school will host 300 students in the district's STEM Academy, a science and math-centric program that will be moved from Rogers Park Middle School into the new facility. It will also have 100 sixth-grade students in a Global Studies program that will feature classes in Mandarin Chinese, the newstimes.com reported.
The middle school and its two special programs will be located in the former Mill Ridge Intermediate School, which previously housed third- through fifth-graders, as well as the former Mill Ridge Educational Center for preschool programs.
Students were chosen by lottery for the two programs from across Danbury. The Global Studies program will add a grade each year until it is offering sixth, seventh and eighth grade programs.
The Westside Middle School Academy joins Rogers Park Middle School and Broadview Middle School as options for sixth-, seventh- and eighth-graders in the Danbury Public Schools.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Danbury Police Pull Driver From Car In Candlewood Lake
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Danbury Skies Sunday
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Danbury Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend