DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury student Oliver Kisielius, of the Wooster School, has been named a National Merit Scholarship finalist.
Kisielius was one of 1.5 million high school entrants into the national program and he is among 15,000 students who are eligible for 8,000 awards worth $35 million in college scholarships.
Final scholarship award winners are selected after review of the finalists’ academic record, test scores, written recommendation, student activities and leadership, and submitted final essays. National Merit Scholarship winners will be announced in May.
Wooster School serves students from prekindergarten through Grade 12.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 4 Ten-Year-Old Debuts In Danbury Palace's 'Scrooge: The Musical'
- 5 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open