DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury student Oliver Kisielius, of the Wooster School, has been named a National Merit Scholarship finalist.
Kisielius was one of 1.5 million high school entrants into the national program and he is among 15,000 students who are eligible for 8,000 awards worth $35 million in college scholarships.
Final scholarship award winners are selected after review of the finalists’ academic record, test scores, written recommendation, student activities and leadership, and submitted final essays. National Merit Scholarship winners will be announced in May.
Wooster School serves students from prekindergarten through Grade 12.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Eversource Reports Power Outages In Danbury
- 5 Man Apprehended After Assault, Police Chase That Ends On Danbury Border