DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury student Oliver Kisielius, of the Wooster School, has been named a National Merit Scholarship finalist.
Kisielius was one of 1.5 million high school entrants into the national program and he is among 15,000 students who are eligible for 8,000 awards worth $35 million in college scholarships.
Final scholarship award winners are selected after review of the finalists’ academic record, test scores, written recommendation, student activities and leadership, and submitted final essays. National Merit Scholarship winners will be announced in May.
Wooster School serves students from prekindergarten through Grade 12.
- 1 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 2 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury
- 4 Teens Form Flash Mob In Danbury To Promote Fairfield County Giving Day
- 5 Danbury Landlord Helps Reunite Purple Heart With Family Of WW II Vet